9.29.2008

growing up, together

I was 15 years old when we started 'going out'. We went to the same high school and wore the same uniform. We ate lunches together in the cafeteria. I even broke a few curfews with you.
We grew up together.
That was 19 years ago, today.

I think I knew pretty early on you were "the one". There was never any question about that. No one could ever make me laugh the way you do. Or love the way I do. So, we got married 8 years ago (tomorrow) and made our own family. I still remember so clearly walking to the church with my entire family behind me, bursting with anticipation for the new life ahead of us.

It's hard to believe so much time has passed. And in this crazy world, my one constant has always been you.

13 comments:

sheepish one said...

happy, happy anniversary!

Claudia said...

High schools sweet hearts are the best (it probably helps that Dan and I are also high school sweet hearts!). Happy anniversary :)

Helen said...

that first picture...that CANNOT be you guys! its crazy! wish you a wonderful anniversary!

Anna said...

Aah, how lovely - bought a tear to my eye - so romantic! Happy Anniversary!
xx

Lisa said...

Happy Anniversary!! Wonderful pics.
You look so beautiful, Sandy!
L. xoxo

Norm said...

What a lovely post Sandy. I hope you had a wonderful anniversary (after your wonderful birth-week celebrations too!).

Elisabeth said...

Happy Anniversary!
Thanks for sharing your sweet story...
xE

Ms O said...

Happy Anniversary to both of you. I love seeing your wedding day photos, Sandy. So beautiful!

Lea x

a friend to knit with said...

so sweet.
my husband and i went to jr. high together, too. :)

happy anniversary.

Amy Bradstreet said...

Happy Anniversary! I love your story. I wrote something kind of similar recently, so I know what you mean. Congratulations!

Philigry said...

happy belated anniversary!
i am glad you have a relative that is a plumber! my husband is a plumber too! so nice to know one!

Alisha said...

So sweet. I love high school sweetheart stories.

My husband and I are high school sweethearts and will have been married for 18 years in February.

Cheers to many more years ahead!!!

Paola said...

Lovely! Absolutely touching tribute to your love! Happy anniversary!
Love the photos. :)

paola

ps: I also wore a uniform! ;)