9.01.2008

in the midst of life

Stealing quiet moments seems unheard of in these parts lately. Thank goodness that school starts for Camden tomorrow, because the end of summer has included lots of mischief between him and his little brother.
We are lucky enough to have grandparents to ship them off to once in awhile for an overnight adventure, so we can try to regain some sanity. That's what we did this weekend, and the silence has been sweet. So has the baking! Although these blueberry muffins were made a few days ago, there is a cannister of yummy oatmeal raisin cookies on the kitchen counter thanks to some extra time.
I was able to flip through some of my favorite cookbooks and found this quote which I so love....

"A simple enough pleasure, to have a breakfast alone with one's husband, but how seldom married people in the midst of life achieve it." - Anne Morrow Lindbergh

So, in the midst of this life of mine, this particular weekend, we did just that. And it was great!

5 comments:

sheepish one said...

wow. a breakfast with spouse? what a concept! nothing better than yummy muffins.
hope the first day of school is great -- for everyone!

a friend to knit with said...

oh! that quote is so true. i can't tell you when the last time my husband and i had breakfast alone together.
good for you!!

Helen said...

i love weekend breakfasts together! altho, lately it has been me eating in the kitchen while dave plays video game in the living room while his food gets cold. can u believe i dont currently own a muffin pan???

Paola said...

I adore having breakfast alone with Hans, or dinner for that matter. I don't think I could live without 'him and me' time. Glad you enjoyed your breakfast!

paola

Lisa said...

Good for you! Sounds grand!