9.09.2008

patchy september


Patchy September, originally uploaded by Sandy Ran.

I keep seeing patchwork and quilts on flickr that are causing me to become obsessed! I have always loved them, but something about this fall has brought about a new afliction. I must make something patchy.

I keep staring at my fabric shelves, doing more dreaming than making. But I am pulling together some ideas. Small plans to start, but they are leading me to the inevitable lap quilt. I haven't completely narrowed down the design yet, but I'm thinking simple is best. I'm just waiting for some new fabrics to arrive in the mail. Until then, I will be staring at these lovelies for more inspiration.

4 comments:

Molly said...

oh I know how that can be when you absorb the notion over time. Have fun with this, Sandy. They are all lovely.

Claudia said...

wow wow wow...need to make a new patchwork!

Jane said...

I didn't realize you had moved until you stopped by my blog today. I'm loving the quilts these days too...too bad I'm not that great of a seamstress! Happy weekend!

Johanna Masko said...

Look at all that quilty/patchy goodness! Have you been over to the workroom on Queen Street yet? Wonderful fabrics; I teach quilting there. Can't wait to see what you make!!