9.13.2008

same torte, different year

My favorite food friends are always reminding me of recipes I seem to forget. I made this delicious plum torte last year when I first found the recipe, thanks to them. And just the other day it was being talked about again and I couldn't resist.


The prune plums were everywhere this week. So I bought a bunch and made the 'Original Plum Torte' by Marian Burros. It is published by the NY Times regularly, it's that good. You can find the recipe here.



I'm not sure if these plums are around much the rest of the year. If not, it's just another good thing about september.

6 comments:

Jessica said...

Those plums look irresistible! And that torte wouldn't last 3 minutes here!

Anna said...

Sandy, that looks SO good!

culinarytravelsofakitchengoddess said...

Sandy that looks wonderful, I'm looking forward to getting some plums in my fruit box delivery now :)

a friend to knit with said...

ummm yumm!
i make something similar. with strawberries. must make one with plums!

Norm said...

How funny - I had just printed off that very recipe, having been reminded about how many people adore it. I've never made it, but I bought some fabulous plums yesterday, so I think it's going to be this weekend's project. Is it a cake or a pudding? Or could it be either? I'd like to eat slices with cups of tea... we can always use forks if necessary!

Amy said...

My mom recently dug this recipe out of a file to show make with me after we picked plums from her garden. The date on the NYT article was 1973! I've seen it many times since then. Quick, easy and good!