11.16.2008

Afternoon Snack

I felt a bit of the baking bug this weekend and finally tried this recipe. I have to admit, they are so sweet (and it didn't help that I added butter somewhere I wasn't supposed to) that I almost felt a little sick afterwards. But not so badly that I didn't have another huge one after dinner too.Too much icing? Perhaps.

So after a 3 week bout with sinusitis last month, I really felt I was regaining some energy. I've been Christmas shopping, planning a couple birthday parties, and even started some amazing online tutorials. (Oh my gosh, they are SO MUCH FUN!). But then this weekend I was hit with something else. Body aches and chills, sore throat, probably the flu. Glen got it too, so the house didn't really get cleaned, and the laundry is not done. Not a good way to start off the week.
I'm sitting in bed, hoping I can stay awake to watch the next Dexter (oh, how I love the addition of Jimmy Smitts this year), and sipping on a Neo-Citron. Cheers!

6 comments:

molly said...

nothing like sweets when you're not feeling your best. Feel beter soon, Sandy.

KeanaLee said...

That makes me want Cinnabon......I saw a Cinnabon candle somewhere but now I can't remember where. YUMMY. looks great - feel better.

Anna said...

Sandy, I do hope you feel better soon.
Your 'schneken-lookalikes' look yummy, I love icing!

Norm said...

Oh my! Those look amazing! I hope you're feeling better soon. How was Dexter? The new series isn't on here yet (at least not on the channels we get on 'Freeview') but I can't wait!

Kelly-Jane said...

You can never have to much icing :) ...well maybe you can when it's 2inches think on a muffin, but here is's lovely.

I hope everyone is feeling better soon, sinusitis is a right pain.

Jane said...

Lots of people have the crud. Take care and I hope you feel better soon!