11.18.2008

feeling thankful

It's amazing what you can accomplish in an unplanned day off. I'm sick again and couldn't manage to get to work today. I stayed home all day in cozy clothes, drank tea, baked bread and even had a nap. And even though I feel like I am swallowing shards of broken glass, it made me think about all the things I am so thankful for....
-a warm home and plenty of food to eat
-a whole room filled with endless creative possibilities (fabric, papers, yarn, etc.)
-a little boy who still likes to nap, and let me nap with him
-a husband who was also home sick, but was the taxi driver and diaper changer all day
-eating dinner earlier than usual and having time to enjoy the boys

I really could get used to this. I made this in the morning.
The pattern is Elsie's and was inspired by the Lost Boys from Peter Pan. I'm taking her amazing tutorials (30 in all) in hopes to channel some of my creative energy. I've been all over the place lately and these classes have been exactly what I needed to get focused. Every week there are more released and even though I am not attempting all projects right away, I honestly think I will try them all in time.
I'm going to try to adapt this pattern into some Ninja Turtle ones for my boys stockings.

Dinner was food to feed my soul. Homemade cheeseburgers (Glen nearly froze outside BBQ'ing) and yummy yam frites. I stole the name for those frites, and the idea, from an appetizer we recently had at Milestone's. They were served with 3 dipping sauces too...a chipotle one, a moroccan one, and apple cider vinegar. All were amazing, but not all were on my table. I blended a little Hellman's with some southwestern spice, cayenne and a squeeze of fresh lime juice.

It was all pretty yum. And this one day has made me feel a thousand times better.

6 comments:

Anna said...

Some days we just feel 'right' inside, even though things are not perfect outside.
This sounds like one of those days, home should definitely be a haven from the outside world.
xx

Philigry said...

that bear is adorable and that burger looks so damn good! glad you were able to stay home and get some rest!

Claudia said...

Ok, I know that it's stupid but I'm a little jealous that you and your husband are sick together! I always want Dan to be sick with me. Not super sick but like a cold that make you stay at home but if you take medication you can watch a film and play some board games together. It is kind of romantic?

Lisa said...

Sandy, the lost boy is adorable!!! I know a Peter Pan who will love him!
I hope you're feeling better and glad you got to hunker down in the best possible way.

Linda said...

That burger does look good! I love the bear. What a great idea to take those classes. I'm too non-committal to do that :)

KeanaLee said...

I'm sick too! I hope I have a creative day! And one of those burgers!