12.18.2008

holiday inspiration

I think I started planning Christmas earlier than ever this year. I even had a few gifts purchased and ready before Halloween. Somewhere along the way, November took hold of my organizing ways and shook me all up. I am officially scrambling to pull things together.

The tree is up, but not decorated. We didn't get our outside lights up before the below zero weather hit us. I have artwork to frame. I still have shopping to do, and the last place I want to be this weekend is in any store. My sewing machine has been acting up and possibly may even be protesting the amount of handmade goodness I was hoping to get tucked into stockings.

So at the end of my long, stressful days, I get lost in so many inspiring and beautiful websites and blogs. One of my favorite recent blog discoveries is bling on my sewing machine. Everything Rachel does over there is pretty awesome, you should check it out. The pictures of her home, and now her holiday home have me clubbing Glen's arm and ordering him to 'just look at this' as he's watching tv beside me. Here's a little holiday inspiration from Rachel, since I have very little of my own to pass along right now.

Photos by Rachel Denbow. More of which can be seen here.

4 comments:

a friend to knit with said...

our tree is up. still no ornaments. tomorrow night. we are having a pizza tree trimming party. (just us)

Susan said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Susan

http://www.car-insurance-choices.com

Norm said...

Sympathies Sandy - it's so easy to feel overwhelmed and underprepared at this time of year. Just try not to get too stressed about it (easier said than done I know!). Your boys will have a wonderful time whatever you do!

If it's any consolation, we rarely get the tree up any time before about the 18th Dec. And we have no outside lights up either.

Claudia said...

oh cool! I just got a rocking chair like on the picture...but in white (not in pink)!

We always keep it simple at Christmas. So no stress there :)