4.07.2009

mmm, goat's cheese

i really don't understand when someone tells me they don't like soup. what's not to like about a delicious bowl of warm, comforting soup? and if it has roasted red peppers which were roasted over charcoals by my Dad this past fall, it just doesn't get any better.


this roasted red pepper and tomato soup is so good, and I usually make the version found here regularly. but over ther weekend i was browsing through some back issues of delicious magazine and found a version with some goat's cheese crumbled in. i also found this very interesting recipe for spinach and goat's cheese muffins, which although looked very nice alongside the soup, left a little to be desired. they were good but a little dry and ended up being torn up and used as croutons in our soup.


and no, the boys would not eat the muffins, even though spinach is pretty popular around here. i guess they like their muffins with chocolate chips in them and i can't blame them for that.

4 comments:

culinarytravelsofakitchengoddess said...

I love soup but my mum hates it with a passion, it's something I make for my dad & I only now. Your soup looks amazing Sandy, I love the pic with the cookbook in the background too, it's very arty :)

Elizabeth said...

That soup sounds heavenly.

Would they go for spinach muffins with chocolate chips in them (kids are so easily fooled by the grossest combinations).

Molly said...

the soup looks delicious. i might have to fake it a little and go open a can of tomato soup, heat it up and put some goat cheese on top. if only i had some roasted peppers...

Jessica said...

That soup looks so yummy...and so do those muffins!