10.05.2009

if you've been looking for me, i've been in the kitchen

i feel like i've been hibernating in my kitchen lately. we had to put the furnace on this week, and i am getting acquainted with my new cast iron pan, my good old slow cooker, and some new recipes.
i made a lasagne in my slow cooker that was very good. it surprised me, just how good it was. and camden had 3 man sized portions. i also made a one pot chicken casserole thing in the slow cooker which was ok but i'll probably not make again.

i finally made rachel's chicken enchiladas and they were delicious. i've already copied the recipe onto a small index card to go into my recipe box- a sure sign they are a winning recipe.

i tried a recipe from the cast iron skillet cookbook (which i mention below) and it was fantastic.


moist cornbread, which I think will be perfect with soup tonight if I can get myself together to participate in Jessica's Soup Swap over at turkey cookies.


this cornbread is delicious.

and i finally managed to make glen his favorite cookie which has only ever been made at christmas in our house....chewy chocolate gingerbread cookies from martha.



these cookies involve a few extra steps than the average cookie recipe, but they are so good they are worth a little extra work. and i think i got some extra wife points for making them on request.

happy monday!

2 comments:

Julia said...

Yum yum yum.

Furnaces and yummy homemade food, what can be better than that.

Anonymous said...

what's the recipe to the cornbread? it looks divine!