12.22.2009

december at the speed of light

as always, the holidays have crept up on me so quickly. without realizing it until today, i took a much needed blogging break. a complete computer break, actually, and i missed a lot of my favorite blogs and websites.
but the basement reno along with a sewage problem (again!!) demanded most of my time.

i thought i would pop in and post some pictures of what's been going on around here this week.
a big old mess from the reno.
lots of playing and laughter.
a very special birthday.
still to do before christmas:
bake some holiday cookies
spend some time with my favorite cookbooks and plan some special meals
wrap, wrap, wrap
watch bad santa and elf
finish the one handmade gift i am making this year for glen
what do you have left to do?
wishing you a wonderful holiday and happy christmas!

5 comments:

julie said...

Hey, happy birthday Camden :)

Merry Christmas Sandy,

jxx

Elizabeth said...

That first picture gives me stress - I'm not emotionally equipped for renovations (ha ha). I don't think anyone is emotionally equipped for sewage issues. A break is so understandable, but I can't wait to see the results in the New Year.

And what a cake! Cake makes everything suddenly brighter. A very Happy Birthday Camden.

Lisa R. said...

Happy Birthday, Camden!! What a beautiful cake!
And...you have a piano! I love it! Who plays?
Well, you've got a lot going on. Merry Christmas!!
Love,
Lisa

Jane said...

Wow! You have a lot on your plate...and it's not easy with two little boys...been there, still doing it! Thank goodness for school! Enjoy your boys! Mine are jumping up and down and can hardly sit still and they're 13 and 10!

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

I hope you accomplished all you set out to do. The cake looks yummy, but now that Christmas is over I NEED to stay away from sweets.