12.03.2009

thank you

every once in awhile, i have this strong sense that everything is just right. even though the messes of everyday life are still there, there is a feeling that life is good. i'm naturally a content person, but i'm talking about a stronger sense that a wave of something great is swirling around my home and my heart. it could have to do with these little ones....

and of course, glen that has been working so hard to finish our basement off in time for christmas.
for the longest while, i've been searching for some of my creative energy that i felt i let go of when life got the best of me. i know it's still there, deep down, and now i am trying to find the right outlet for it before it bursts out of me! good friends and this sweet guy have encouraged me, and that means more than anything to me. my flickr friends are also a constant source of inspiration to me, too. so, thank you!

6 comments:

Alisha said...

That feeling is what carries us through the tougher times in life. It is our reward for a life being well lived.

Karen said...

What a sweet picture of the boys, Sandy. Bless their hearts.

julie said...

Very sweet.

You're so right. It's important to acknowledge it sometimes. I sewed something today after a long break. It felt so good:)

Anna said...

Bless them both - what a marvelous photograph. :-)

Lisa R. said...

That is an amazing photo, and I'm so happy for you.
Love,
Lisa xoxo

larissa said...

Your sleeping guys are so precious! I totally hear you on finding a creative outlet - don't wait till your house is clean and your kiddos are asleep - just make something. bring paper and scissors to the kitchen table and cut out people or stars or snowflakes with your guys. Or do watercolors to hang in the boys room... or glue a collage... or make a garland by gluing fabric around a ribbon. or make a pillowcase by sewing together several squares of fabric. or make cards using rubber stamps... You are so creative (and fun and beautiful) that i'm sure you'll come up with something you enjoy. Just don't wait for the perfect craft or time to come - just make and include your kiddos. It will certainly keep you from bursting! (I speak from experience) Enjoy your holidays!