3.30.2010

fall rtw

the fall ready to wear collections have occured, and i'm really blown away by them this season.
the shows seem to be oozing with texture, fur, and a new kind of optimism.

i have particularly loved john galliano since i was 13 years old, and would watch and rewatch him on my vhs recordings of fashion file with tim blanks. how perfect is john's description of his muse for this season as "a traveller searching for a new world, led by the magnetism of her heart. as strong and as fine as the needle in her compass". love him!
and now that i am in my mid thirties, i can only hope to be as his makeup artist described the look of his models this year.... "weather beaten, but beautiful."

here is one of my favorite clips from the shows. and lisa, i think you will appreciate the new spin on pearls at christian dior!

3 comments:

Jane said...

Lovely! I especially loved the pearls.

Kelly-Jane said...

:) I'm so looking forward to Spring, I can hardly think of Autumn yet!

Lisa Roberts said...

Gah!!! It's all so gorgeous!! How exciting! I love it all -- the hats, the contrasts, the braids, the boots. Amanda Harlech said we'd be wearing jodhpurs, and here we are. Pearls are perfect.
Thanks, Sandy!