3.19.2011

~untitled~

i got my mama bravo on a while back and made fresh pasta from a Lidia recipe. I have to say, I didn't love it and will stick to the recipe i tried before that from now on.

there is something about this machine that i love so much. i know the kitchen aid attachment is probably better, or easier, but this one reminds me of my mom. and nonna. and zia yolanda in italy who would churn out the most delicious stuff for her housefull of houseguests from canada.

i've felt drawn to the kitchen again. it seems the busier life gets for me, the more domesticated i want to be. it must be my way of trying to feel balance. i don't have a lot of extra time right now, but all i can think about is painting my bathroom, purging the entire house of clutter (a.k.a toys), and cooking new recipes all weekend long. i wonder what project i'll take on next.

7 comments:

Carrie Rosalind said...

I'm totally impressed that you made homemade pasta! I want to but am way too scared to try it out because of all the steps! :)

At Anna's kitchen table said...

Sandy!!! Hi.
It's really lovely to see you back blogging - I've missed you!
I feel the same as you, in that the more complicated life gets, the more I want to run to the kitchen to escape.
I've made pasta only once before, but it was a bit of a mess! Yours looks great.

julie said...

Hi Sandy! Nice to see you blogging!

We had dinner at Lidia's Becco in NYC and the food was fantastic. Too bad about the recipe. I haven't made fresh pasta in ages, you're inspiring me :)

Michelle said...

Sandy, I have missed you! If you want to give homemade pasta a go again some time, I have had good success with both Jamie Oliver's recipe and Nigella's.

Jane said...

Hi Sandy! Good to see you again. Hope all is well with you and your family. The pasta and soup look great!

Anonymous said...

Hi sandy, so glad to "hear" from you"! I haven't tried pasta yet, too afraid! The soup looks delish!
Keep well, Melanie

Sandy said...

Hi Carrie, there is nothing to be scared of. It's so much easier than you probably think!
Hi Anna, I've missed you too!!! xoxo
Hi Julie, I love Lidia---she is wonderful and she inspired me when i saw her make it on an episode of her show.
Hey Mich, Jamie's recipe is the one I had much better luck with to. It tasted much nicer.
Jane, how are your boys??? I hope you're all well too. We are great over here.
And last, but not least Hello Melanie! How are you with your 2 little ones?