10.29.2012

quick fix

one of the fastest ways to get my 'fix' of creative time along with a little home decor update is to make new pillows.  it's the biggest bang for my buck, if you will.  i try to keep the walls and bigger pieces of furniture in my home neutral so that i can update with smaller accents and fabrics.  this is probably why most of my crafty blog posts in the last couple of years have been of pillows.  i apologize.
i really adore amy butler and anna maria horner fabrics for this reason.  they are complex and colourful with just the right touch of vintage and modern.  this brown one has been sitting in my stash for a long while, and once the walls in my sewing room were freshly painted white and we found this gorgeous couch i set it aside for pillows.


i made a longer pillow for the centre of the couch with this brown floral and then made one for either end with 2 different fabrics- the green/aqua floral showing and a smaller blue print on the back.  i found the small pink pillows tucked into a chest in the basement.  apparently the boys in this house made the executive decision without me to remove them from the basement couch. hmm.  thank goodness for this little space i call my own.

No comments: