1.01.2013

happy 2013

i don't think i've ever been so relieved to say good-bye to a year and welcome a new one.  happy new year to everyone....wishing you all the best this coming year.

i always love fresh starts and new beginnings and feel like 2013 is bringing a wave of change.  our family has chosen one little word for the year:

you can find the post that inspired it all here at ali edwards' blog.  i think the concept is fabulous and am so glad that the boys have all embraced the word too.  i think we can apply it to so much of our everyday life. i'm sure you will see it pop up here from time to time throughout the year.

along with this one little word, i've found new inspiration all around me.   instagram, pinterest, and so many creative people around me in real life and online have ignited so many ideas and plans in me.  i am very lucky to be surrounded by so many creative minds that inspire me day to day.  

i always make commitments to myself for the new year, and this year is no different.  but instead of listing them all here i thought it would be more fun to post some of the things i am so happy to have discovered in 2012. 

1. one little word (from ali edwards)
2. instagram and all of the amazing photos and people i see there each day- i am obsessed
3. project life and the inspiration it has brought me to start documenting our lives
4. my macbook- i love it!
5. my cookbooks and a few chefs in particular that have reignited my love for cooking

when i look at this list, i see that each item listed is in some way linked to a goal or project i have for the new year.
obviously missing from this list are the most substantial and important blessings- my family, my boys, my health, my job and a wonderful new friend i have made there....  but this list is focusing on things which have sparked some creativity in me again.  i'm so excited to see what 2013 will bring.

1 comment:

Jane said...

Happy New Year!It's going to be a great year! I just know it!